Happy Mother’s Day 2016 Inspirational Quotes : Mother's Day is celebrated in many diverse nations including the United States, Canada, and India. Each May on the second Sunday of the month a large number of children take an ideal opportunity to respect their mothers with love and appreciation. Throughout the years, many well known people have had their musings on mothers and motherhood recorded for future eras to appreciate. A couple of the remarkable ones are incorporated here.
Happy Mother’s Day 2016 Inspirational Quotes
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children”.
- Happy mother’s day quotes 2014. How to celebrate mother’s day to give honor to your mom. Mother’s day making ideas and planning.
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life”.
- Mamma was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love”.
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers”.
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them”.
- “The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father”.
- “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories”.
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws”.
Best Happy Mother’s Day 2016 Quotes
- “By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation less class”.
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie”.
- “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries”.
- But Dorothy Canfield Fisher is right here. They prepare us to leave the nest standing on our own two feet.
- Not before they take all sorts of crap from us. And somehow forgive us anyway
- " I looked at this tiny, perfect creature and it was as though a light switch had been turned on. A great rush of love flooded out of me.
Happy Mothers Day Famous Quotes
Before you were conceived, I wanted yosu.
Before you were born, I loved you.
Befored you were an hour, I would die for you.
This is the miracle of life.
Motherhood is more than a stage—
it’s a lifelong calling from God.
With it He gives us hearts that love deeply,
hands that serve tirelessly, and vision to see
His blossoming image in the precious ones
entrusted to our care.
- "The heart of a Mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find FORGIVENESS." - Honore De Balzac
- A child's hand in yours - what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and STRENGTH - Marjorie Holmes
- “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” -- Calvin Trillin
- “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” — Michael Jordan
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." - Washington Irving
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." - George Washington
"I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also." - 2 Timothy 1:5
“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child”.
"Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate." - Charlotte Gray
"Women know the way to rear up children (to be just). They know a simple, merry, tender knack of tying sashes, fitting baby-shoes, and stringing pretty words that make no sense. And kissing full sense into empty words." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Also Check : Happy Mother's Day 2016 Quotes
Mothers are a safe base where children can step out and experience the world around them in the knowledge that they can return to seek safety and re-assurance as and when they need it. Children without mothers have a definite void in their lives.
Children who bond deeply with their mothers become independent at a young age. This boosts their self-esteem which in turn boosts relationships and enhances their learning capabilities and even their successes in later life.
A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories
~ Honore de Balzac
All that remains to the mother in modern consumer society is the role of scapegoat; psychoanalysis uses huge amounts of money and time to persuade analysis and to foist their problems on to the absent mother, who has no opportunity to utter a word in her own defence. Hostility to the mother in our societies is an index of mental health. ~ Germaine Greer
At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you've left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent ~ Golda Meir
Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate ~ Charlotte Gray
Biological possibility and desire are not the same as biological need. Women have childbearing equipment. For them to choose not to use the equipment is no more blocking what is instinctive than it is for a man who, muscles or not, chooses not to be a weightlifter ~ Betty Rollin
“As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” ―Kristin Hannah, Summer Island
“Sometimes, mothers say and do things that seem like they don’t want their kids … but when you look more closely, you realize that they’re doing those kids a favor. They’re just trying to give them a better life.” ―Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care
“Dan clung to her in speechless gratitude, feeling the blessedness of mother love, — that divine gift which comforts, purifies, and strengthens all who seek it.” ―Louisa May Alcott, Jo’s Boys
“Even as a small child, I understood that women had secrets, and that some of these were only to be told to daughters. In this way we were bound together for eternity.” ―Alice Hoffman, The Dovekeepers
“‘I always wondered why God was supposed to be a father,’ she whispers. ‘Fathers always want you to measure up to something. Mothers are the ones who love you unconditionally, don’t you think?’” ―Jodi Picoult, Keeping Faith
“Mama took me in her arms and held me tight. Her embrace was hot and she smelled like sweat, dust, and grease, but I wanted her. I wanted to crawl inside her mind to find that place that let her smile and sing through the worst dust storms. If I had to be crazy, I wanted my mama’s kind of crazy, because she was never afraid.” ―Sarah Zettel, Dust Girl
“Mothers, I believe, intoxicate us. We idolize them and take them for granted. We hate them and blame them and exalt them more thoroughly than anyone else in our lives. We sift through the evidence of their love, reassure ourselves of their affection and its biological genesis. We can steal and lie and leave and they will love us.” ―Megan Mayhew Bergman, Birds of a Lesser Paradise: Stories
“No one worries about you like your mother, and when she is gone, the world seems unsafe, things that happen unwieldy. You cannot turn to her anymore, and it changes your life forever. There is no one on earth who knew you from the day you were born; who knew why you cried, or when you’d had enough food; who knew exactly what to say when you were hurting; and who encouraged you to grow a good heart. When that layer goes, whatever is left of your childhood goes with her.” ―Adriana Trigiani, Big Stone Gap
“Through the blur, I wondered if I was alone or if other parents felt the same way I did — that everything involving our children was painful in some way. The emotions, whether they were joy, sorrow, love or pride, were so deep and sharp that in the end they left you raw, exposed and yes, in pain. The human heart was not designed to beat outside the human body and yet, each child represented just that — a parent’s heart bared, beating forever outside its chest.” —Debra Ginsberg
“By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class. -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh